Dad
2018
My dad visited me on his birthday weekend. I woke up to his presence. Unexplainable moods. laughter, sadness and tears all weekend, grief is brutal still. Happy birthday dad, cannot believe it been close to a decade without you. I see you in my family, I hear you in my thoughts, I feel you in my heart. Every. Single. Day. I love you. Come visit more often next time bring less tears. Xxx #soulache #family #legenddad
2019
10 November 1936. My Dad would have been 83 today, 8 years have gone by since he passed on. I often wonder what he would think about the world we live in today. So much has changed in the world in 8 years, but then I look around and I feel him nearby. I hear his echo in my sisters words as they walk the paths he and my mom walked before them with love in their hearts and change in their soul. I see his passion in their work with the communities around the world in all kinds of different capacities he would be so proud of! I feel his warmth in my brothers, it's a special kind of warmth, it's the kind of love and warmth that is always inclusive, inviting and riddled with bad humor and questioning enough to make you think twice always about your choices. I see my son Morgan walking, my dads walk. I hear my daughter Jesca, speak to her siblings with the same zest he would use. I see his kindness in Nathan's eyes and the loyalty and passion for reading that Ava has. I wish so much that he could see them grow, could hear them argue for fun, could see them as they become these human beings I am so proud of. My parents gave us so many wonderful gifts, ones that were never wrapped in paper but were wrapped in love just as we were. I love you Dad. Pawpaw fruit salad in your honor. We miss you, but you are never far from our thoughts and our hearts. Xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment